Fortunately, taking care of your contact lenses is easy, but your eyes are more prone to infection if you don’t follow a proper contact lens care routine.
Here are some basic tips to ensure a successful and healthy contact lens experience:
- Wash, rinse, and completely dry your hands before handling your contacts. Be sure to use soap that is free of oils, lotions, or perfumes.
- Only use your finger tips to handle your contacts. Avoid using your fingernails and/or sharp objects like tweezers.
- Clean, rinse, and disinfect your contact lenses with fresh solution each time you remove them. Avoid using expired contact lens solution.
- Always empty and rinse your lens case with fresh solution after use. Allow the lens case to air dry before using again.
- Make sure your contact lenses are free from debris and damage before inserting them in your eye. Never put a damaged contact lens in your eye.
- Be sure to follow the wearing schedule prescribed by your eye care professional, and dispose of your contact lenses as directed. Also, don’t forget to replace your contact lens holders every three to six months.
For more helpful tips, be sure to watch this video on caring for your contact lenses: