Whether it’s your first time needing a pair of eyeglasses, or you have been rocking your specs for decades, it is always a good idea to refresh yourself on the proper basics of caring for your glasses. For helpful tips on how to keep your glasses looking their best follow the advice below:
- Clean your glasses regularly using tepid water and dish soap that does not contain any lotions or hand-moisturizers. Sprays specifically designed to clean eyeglasses are also a great option to clean your lenses, which can be found at most convenient stores.
- Microfiber cleaning clothes are also an effective means of cleaning and drying your eyeglasses as they not only absorb oils, but remove smudges from the lenses.
- If you are not using your glasses, it is also a smart idea to keep them secure in a protective eyeglass case.
- However, if you do forget your eyeglass case you SHOULD NOT under any circumstances set your eyeglasses with the lenses facing down. This is one of the quickest ways to scratch your lenses. Instead, open the temples of your frames (as if are about to put them on your face), and place them upside down on a safe surface.
- Lastly if you notice pieces of your eyeglasses are becoming loose or broken, take your glasses into an eye care professional for a proper evaluation. They are trained to determine exactly what parts of your eyeglasses need to be adjusted, and how to best repair them.
To find out more information on how to care for your eyewear, or to speak with an eye care professional, schedule an appointment with Nationwide Vision by calling 1-800-EYECARE or visiting nationwidevision.com. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will be happy to answer any and all questions about your eyewear.